[mythtv-users] MX4000 Dual X Servers - Config Help please :-)

Steve Daniels steve.p.daniels at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 8 11:06:40 UTC 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brad Fuller" <bradallenfuller at yahoo.com>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 07, 2006 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] MX4000 Dual X Servers - Config Help please :-)

>> Hmm, I'm not sure that'll work, justs looks like a standard dual screen
>> config to me.
>
> Don't know what you mean. It does work for me TV on the right and Monitor
> on the left. Isn't that what you want?
>
>> Thanks for the input Brad - but I want the displays to be entirely
>> seperate like a multi-seat system. Otherwise if I'm surfing the web on
>> the vga screen, when someone try's to use the remote to change the
>> channel or something on the frontend on the s-vid their keypresses will
>> come through to the web browser because it has focus, and not to
>> mythfrontend :-(
>
> Not on my setup. Two separate desktops.
> You start mythtv like this from the CRT:
>
> xset s off
> xset -dpms
> export DISPLAY=:0.1
> mythfrontend

I've done that before :-)
I'm just about to try this again, but I'm almost positive it didn't work
last time because lirc sends the key presses to which ever window has focus
at the time. So if my browser has focus on the CRT, even though mythfrontend
is running on the TV, any remote key presses go straight to the browser.

Will let you know.. :-)

Thanks,

Steve