[mythtv-users] Problems with Mounting DVDs

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Jan 8 23:18:35 UTC 2006

On Jan 8, 2006, at 2:50 PM, Mark Rissberger wrote:

> I'm pretty sure that they are all encrypted.  Even if they were
> encrypted, they should still mount, right?  The only problem would
> be playing them.  How does everyone else have their DVD drives
> setup (in /etc/fstab and Myth)?

/dev/hda                /media/cdrom            auto,iso9660
pamconsole,exec,noauto 0 0
/dev/hdb                /media/cdrecorder     auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto 0 0

hda is my DVD-ROM and hdb is my CD-RW drive. I remember playing with
these settings a bit until I got it to work how I wanted. I don't
know if iso9660 is necessary but once it started working, I stopped
messing with it.