[mythtv-users] lircd socket output gets queued up and sends wrong commands to mythtv/irw?

Debabrata Banerjee davatar at comcast.net
Mon Jan 9 01:54:11 UTC 2006

I've been having this problem where after some random period of time lircd
seems to form a 3-4 deep command que, i.e. I press FF, 3-4 commands later it
does the FF, then the other commands in order if I keep pressing buttons,
otherwise it just sits there with the 3-4 other commands in some sort of
queue. You can see this with irw. This used to happen quite frequently on my
dual athlon box, after an upgrade to FC4 and newer lirc on a P4 with HT, it
now happens very rarely, but it still happens!!! I have to restart lircd and
then mythfrontend. *ugh*

What gives? My searches turn up nothing.. Am I the only one with this
problem? I figure another mythtv user must run into it at some point..

Thanks,
Debabrata