[mythtv-users] Software RAID problems - the unspoken mythtv problem?

Gordon Rimac gordon at rimac.net
Tue Jan 10 02:36:46 UTC 2006

Just another datapoint - I've been using a software raid setup for 12
months now with no issues with mythtv.  My raid arrays are in a
seperate machine from my dedicated backend and two frontends, they are
all networked over gigibit ethernet using NFS.  I've recorded 4
streams from PVR250s before while watching another stream without a
problem.  I am using ext3 filesystem on my arrays and the file server
is a Duron 1Ghz machine.  I have 9 drives connected to several $20
Promise IDE cards.  Server is currently running Debian Sarge using
mdadm tools.