[mythtv-users] Can MythTV ignore the keyboard and only use a remote?

Schlaegel vthtym0505 at schlaegel.com
Tue Jan 10 08:33:56 UTC 2006

I have been investigating using MythTV, and have even installed it on my
(FC4) system and played with the config programs. I don't yet have a TV
  tuner card, but have a PVR 350 on order.

I choose the PVR 350 for input and output to minimize the impact upon my
CPU from watching TV and to allow TV viewing to be completely
independent of my primary display. The system will run both the
front-end and the back-end, which seems like the setup most people would
start with. I assume the PVR 350 will do all of the heavy lifting.

My ultimate goal is to have PVR functionality that is completely
independent of what I am doing on the PC. For this to work I need,
(1)live TV functionality to take minimal processor load, and (2)MythTV
to only use the remote control for input and completely ignore the
system's keyboard and mouse.

Is this possible? I have done google searches and read from the MythTV
howto, but still not found my answer.

PS.
Thanks to developers that make everything possible.