[mythtv-users] Questionaire: What do you have your case powerbutton do?

James C. Dastrup jc at dastrup.com
Wed Jan 11 22:23:08 UTC 2006

>> But I was wondering, what do other folks use their power button for if not to
>> turn off/suspend their machine?
>
>Mine does a controlled shutdown of the whole machine.

You must not have small children.  My power and reset button just make a
clicking sound - cause I disconnected the wires to it! Even my littlest figured out
how to hold the button for 4 seconds to power it off.

It turns on by IR remote, and shuts down cleanly by IR remote. If I have to force
it off, I pull the plug.

Also, mythfrontend runs from a script which starts it in a loop. So if it ever crashes
(which it rarely ever does), or if someone accidentally exits out of it (more likely), it
starts right back up.