[mythtv-users] Recommend an HD/SD tuner card?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 19:17:55 UTC 2006

On Thursday 12 January 2006 14:04, Dorsey Graphics wrote:
> That's the issue - it may be Comcast, it may be DirecTC. Probably not
> OTA, but I don't really know yet.

Comcast
	Possible HD cable box firewire for HD capture
		5C could prevent lots of channels from being captured
	Possible QAM for HD tuner
		limitied channels if it works

DirecTV
	No HD into Myth

OTA
	singal reception problems
	only OTA channels

>    Is there a card that will work well for all?

no card that I know of does HD and SD together well. If you want to do
QAM/ATSC, then get a cheap HD tuner card, ~$100 and if you want to do SD get
a PVR-150, ~$70 or PVR-500 ~$150.

--
Steve