[mythtv-users] Nuvexport ignoring cutlist

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Jan 12 21:07:33 UTC 2006

> Chris, how do you select between the two? When I run nuvexport (going to DVD) it
> doesn't ask this question. It *does* ask if you want to enable the cutlist, but
> similar to the original poster, I never the the ads removed from the resulting .mpg file.

nuvexport --transcode

or look for export_prog in the nuvexportrc file (which documents all of
the commandline options until I can get a reliable --help section set up)

Another thing to look at is the --require_cutlist option, which will
only show programs that HAVE a cutlist (keep in mind that a cutlist is
different than just having detected commercials).  If you do actually
have a cutlist and it's not working, then something's definitely up with
mythtranscode.

fyi, currently transcode does not use mythtranscode for mpeg file access
by default, so it may have better luck cutting commercials if
mythtranscode is failing.  However, transcode has severe issues with
some ivtv recordings, so I recommend using --force_mythtranscode unless
it doesn't work for you (I'll soon be making this the default).

-Chris