[mythtv-users] Difference between WinTV PVR-250 and 150?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jan 12 23:25:47 UTC 2006

Dorsey Graphics wrote:

> How about the diff between a PVR 150 and 160?
>
>   Fry's has a PVR-160 on sale. I don;t even see that on the WinTV site.

You don't want the "160."  (Besides, $129 is way too much to pay for the
functionality.  A PVR-150 will be about $90 if you can't find a special
and as low as $60 on special.)

http://www.shspvr.com/pvr_model.html

This card below is made by Hauppauge is not a PVR 250MCE it better
know as "Blackbird" is a new Hardware MPEG2 encoding TV capture
card which is base on the reference design by Conexant.
OEM Boxed Hauppuage WinTV-PVR model 28xxx known only by it codename
"Roslyn" revision 1 Conexant CX23880/CX23416 chip.
This card is also now know as WinTV-PVR 160 from Fry's Electronics
and there only store sell it as retail upgrade for MCE.

Mike