[mythtv-users] nuvexport and ffmpeg on Ubuntu

Michael Fox fox.michael at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 23:32:49 UTC 2006

On 1/13/06, Intense Red <intnsred at golgotha.net> wrote:
>    I've got MythTV happily running on Ubuntu, with the instructions cited on
> <http://www.abarbaccia.com/>. Now I've got to play with something else -- in
> this case, nuvexport. :-)

I got mythtv working on Ubuntu Breezy also.

>    Instructions on <http://www.abarbaccia.com/content/view/22/36/> note that
> there is a problem with Ubuntu's ffmpeg and nuvexport, and recommend running
> an older version. My problem is that I cannot locate the "working" version of
> ffmpeg.

I believe the problem is the mjpegtools package, as it includes a bad
version of yuvdenoise program which is an rc2 release and nuvexport
complains. I been trying to find a backported package that will work
on Breezy and had no luck.

I also tried to compile it, but then got other errors. It's something
I am yet to do more work on.

>    Does anyone running Ubuntu (Breezy) have nuvexport running?  If so, what
> version of ffmpeg are you using and do you have a URL of where one can D/L
> the *.deb of that ffmpeg version?

If you get your nuvexport working on Breezy, let me know. I will do
the same if I get mine to work also :)