[mythtv-users] Down to the final bits... change_chan.sh not working in MythTV

obscure information. obscure411 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 01:42:41 UTC 2006

Whew.

I've gotten everything working, with the exception of the second instance of
lirc.  I followed the instructions as per www.lircsetup.com and am able to
change the channel on the box via commandline as either root or a standard
user account.  However, it will not change in MythTV.  I've followed the
troubleshooting instructions from lircsetup and replaced the change_chan.sh
with a test script that would echo the date/time to a file in my home
directory.  Still no dice, no file appears.  I've checked in the mythbackend
log and there doesn't seem to be any issues there either.

I've read the posts on gossamer-threads relating to a "Frequency ID" in the
channel editor setup, but I have two problems with that:

1.  For some reason on the channel editor setup, the Next, Finish, etc
buttons are almost completely below the bottom of the screen, making it
difficult for me to figure out which one I have selected.  Which brings me
to another question - how can I adjust the position of my X300 card on the
TV screen?  (i.e. up/down/left/right, etc)

2.  Although I can't be certain as the buttons are at the bottom of the
screen, it appears that the option to go to the next screen where I would
find the "Frequency ID" field is greyed-out and not an option.

If I can get this last piece going, I don't think I'll have many more dumb
questions for a while, so any assistance is greatly apprecated as always!

Thanks,

~Drew