[mythtv-users] OS X & MythFrontend 0.18.1 with plugins

Matt Hannan matthannan1 at cox.net
Fri Jan 13 04:06:33 UTC 2006

Matt Hannan wrote:
> David Snider wrote:
>

>>> I'm just glad it isn't just me! I will try to get you that info
>>> tomorrow
>>> night, Dave.
>>>

>> Ok, there are now two new 0.18.1 versions at thesniderpad.com.  One
>> is the vanilla 0.18.1 and the other is the 0.18.1-fixes branch from
>> SVN.  Let me know if you try them and what your status is....

Mister Snider,

I am wondering if this has to maybe do with where I am storing the
MythFrontend.app.
I am just pulling it over into Applications and launching from there.

Are you, perhaps, building it somewhere else and the path is getting
screwed up based on this?
The themes are all in the proper place, but it really is borking out
while looking for them.

Another thing I am looking at it qt3. I tried compiling 3.3.4 based on
the directions at
 http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MythOnMacOsx
but I am getting errors during make. I am walking this path to try and
install the plugins myself.
After this borked twice, once with make sub-src based on the directions,
and then again with just make, I also tried the install from
http://naranja.umh.es/~atg/, but I am getting errors with this as well.

GRR.

So, I fired up Darwin-ports and am installing qt3 this way.
I was shocked at the amount of other packages that it puled over
(cups-headers, jpeg, zlib, etc). This seems to be working, but it will
probably not finish before I have to head to bed.

So, what do you think about all that?
I will post more on this tomorrow night.
Matt