[mythtv-users] ALSA and onboard sound card (ASUS A8V Deluxe with VIA K8T800Pro)

Joacim J jocke4news at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:19:20 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Asoundrc_alc850

I have put the configuration file in the mythtv home, disabled the
Sound System for mythtv user in FC4 by Control Center -> Sound &
Multimedia and uncheck the box and rebooted.

When testing it with the famous DVD "Winnie the Poo" (to keep my
2-years son happy) there was played music and such but no speach. I
have experienced this some other time in the past but can not remember
the solution.

Why does this happen and what should I do?

--
Regards
Joacim