[mythtv-users] Xine for DVD playback with 720p output looks bad

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Fri Jan 13 18:26:49 UTC 2006

I've had this issue with xine as well. I would describe the problem as if xine could
not update the screen fast enough -- pans and other high motion scenes will leave
transient artifacts, lines and other breaks, on the screen.

I am currently using ivtv 0.4.0 compiled from source for output on my PVR-350. My
playback config is:

   xine -pfhq -V xshm --no-splash dvd://

I have tried '-V xv' but xine won't start. Does this mean I need the xv driver
installed? Will the xv driver help with these artifacts?

Thanks,
Kirk