[mythtv-users] Live TV recording as if it was a scheduled recording

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 20:11:11 UTC 2006

On 1/13/06, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 13 January 2006 07:04, SpEnT wrote:
> upgrading
> > >
> > > This is how LiveTV works now. I know it's a standard response, but if
> > > you're going to run SVN, you need to be following the dev list.

> doing
> > >
> > > If you have your LiveTV auto-expire settings correct, you will never
> run
> > > out of disk space - it will delete the oldest LiveTV recordings based
> on
> > > your preferences to make room for actual scheduled recordings.
> >
> > I'm just going to use an older version. While watching live TV
> > sometimes when it gets to the end of a program the screen just freezes
> > and I have to exit out and start live TV again (I was wondering why it
> > always seemed to freeze right at 1/2 past the hour or right on the
>
> this is the new ringbuffer change, its closing out the old ringbuffer for
> the
> show you were watching and creating the new one for the new show. The
> dev's
> are working on minimizing the time delay, and some circumstances (mostly
> with
> PVR cards but I think this bug may have been fixed already) have led this
> cause a freeze, though newer SVN's may already have this fixed (I've only
> noticed the freeze happen once in watching Live TV so I feel lucky).
>
> > hour), plus now in the listings for recorded programs in Mythweb I
> > show 50 files ;) ... some of them are really small ones due to only
> > watching a channel for a few minuntes. I've saved some older versions
> > that worked the old way so I'll stop using svn.
>
> MythWeb is also going to be/already has been updated to have a similar
> option
> to ignore the livetv recordings.
>

> > Either way thanks for he info :)

Will the option to hide the live TV recordings completely hide the
recordings or will they simply be hidden in the "All Recordings" section,
with a "Live TV" section on left with the show names?

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.