[mythtv-users] Using svhs inputs on hauppauge 150

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jan 13 21:36:34 UTC 2006

Stephen Kitchener wrote:

>Hi List,
>
>Please excuse me if this is a totally stupid idea and I apologise in advance.
>
>What I am trying to do is to use mythtv to record from the svhs sockets on a
>video tape player into mythtv and then from there to DVD.
>
>I have mythtv setup and working well, and it's being used, so this is an
>additional task for it.
>
>Is this possible, might I be better off just using ivtvctl, ivtv-tune and
>friends to do this ???
>
>I have looked for info, and have tried to set up mythtv to accept input from
>the tape player, but, unless I have missed the point, I don't seem to have
>succeeded...

You need to create a channel for the VCR (I made one numbered 999) and
then do a manual recording (i.e. create a new manual recording
rule--don't use the "r" button in LiveTV).  Search the lists for (many,
many) posts explaining how.  (Note, though, that you don't need to
create guide data as at least one of the posts claims.)

Mike