[mythtv-users] cut commercials only, no transcoding

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 01:37:09 UTC 2006

There is a commercial_cut program available which can read the cutlist
from the myth database and do a good job for removing the commercials.

I use that regulary to remove commercials from my HD programs. Its a 3
step process.
Run mythcommflag to find the detect commercials. Then run mythcommflag
-gencutlist to load the cutlist. And then, run commercial_cut to
remove the commercial.

I do this all from a single script without actually looking/editing
the commercial points. I trust mythcommflag is doing very good job and
I do detect almost all the commercials. Only one time, it deleted
everything of the "Lost" episode after the first commercial.