[mythtv-users] install ivtv-0.5.1 fails with ivtv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog (make distclean doesn't help)

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 04:58:08 UTC 2006

Hi all-

I'm having some trouble getting ivtv-0.5.1 installed.  I've followed the
directions in the ivtvdriver.org howto, and I've  and tried  cd
ivtv/v4l-kernel; make distclean as suggested in the troubleshooting.  Is
there something more to that?  I've also tried  make distclean; make; make
install.  I have no problems installing 0.4.1, but am looking to move to
0.5.1 in hopes of getting my 3 PVR-XXX tuners playing nice with a DVB card
(DViCO FusionHDTV 5 lite).  With 0.4.1, I can get the ivtv working OR the
DVB but not both.  So I've stepped back and would just like to get
0.5.1working first, and then add the DVB card.

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong with 0.5.1?  Fresh FC4 install, with
all updates from atrpms.net.

Jan 13 20:39:24 localhost kernel: Linux video capture interface: v1.00
Jan 13 20:39:24 localhost kernel: ivtv: disagrees about version of symbol
tveeprom_hauppauge_analog
Jan 13 20:39:24 localhost kernel: ivtv: Unknown symbol
tveeprom_hauppauge_analog

Thanks,

Mike