[mythtv-users] Remote on PexelView PlayTV Pro not working
lukes790 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 09:54:37 UTC 2006
I have FC4 installed as per instructions given by Jarod C.
However, lirc installation does not seem to work for me.
- Firstly, I cannot install kernel module using yum as directed: ( yum
install lirc-kmdl-2.6.11-1.1398_FC4 ) - module not found.
- Installation of lirc on its own worked ( yum install lirc ) -success.
- modified /etc/modprobe.conf: ( alias char-major-61 lirc_gpio )
- I can start the lircd daemon: ( /sbin/service lircd start ) -
success start OK
- Starting irw produces no output: ( /usr/bin/irw ) - no output,
pressing remote buttons has no effect
Having failed that way I tried a few commands that may shed some light to
those who know better:
- /sbin/modprobe lirc_gpio : I got the output ( FATAL: Module
lirc_gpio not found. )
- mode2 : I got ( mode2: error opening /dev/lirc mode2: No such file
or directory )
- /sbin/lsmod | grep lirc : No output
- ps -A | grep lircd : No output
My lirc input is on the TV capture card which is a PixelView PlayTV Pro
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-users