[mythtv-users] Wireless Keyboards & Learning Remotes, Just don't get it!

Ramzy Darwish ramzy.darwish at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 14:45:50 UTC 2006

Hello All,
Please don't flame me as I have been scouring the net and this list in
particular for several days trying to figure out exactly how to use my
learning remote with my wireless keyboard.

I understand the idea, but I don't understand exactly how to carry out the
process.
I know how to teach my remote a key, but I don't get how you know what codes
are being sent by the keyboard.

Maybe I am missing something, or using the wrong search terms, but something
is preventing me from getting the whole picture.

I have a One For All 6131 Remote, unmodified.

On the back it says: "URC-6131nB00"
I don't remember what brand my keyboard is, and it doesn't say anything
anywhere on it other than the FCC label.

(If there is a way to discover the internals of the kbd, it would be
appreciated)

Regardless, it is a PS/2 wireless keyboard/mouse combo that comes with a
rather ugly and cumbersome remote that I would rather not use.

If someone could either tell me, or point me in the right direction to the
actual process of finding the keyboard codes or whatever I need to proceed,
it would be greatly appreciatd.

Again, I have searched and have found info so close to what I need, but not
quite there, that I may just be using the wrong search terms.

Please, only constructive criticism and advice, I feel dumb enough already
;).

Thanks in advance