[mythtv-users] HD over FireWire Questions

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 02:50:02 UTC 2006

To echo what Ian said, the DCT-6200 (and I assume other Firewire capable
cable boxes as well) will downconvert HD channels and output them on its
S-Video output.  These channels tend to have better picture quality than
their SD counterparts.  This is especially true of OTA broadcast channels.
God only knows how many times that content gets tossed around between analog
and digital before it makes it to your doorstep.