[mythtv-users] Short report on Xorg 6.9.0

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Sun Jan 15 11:38:33 UTC 2006

Hi again,

just installed Mandriva 6.9.0 in my Mythbox here and
here are some results:
- XV finally seems to work with my ProSavage8, at least
  the Myth picture controls work now.
- The picture lost a lot of "clearness". This could ofcourse
  be because of the item above combined with bad settings
- XV seems to "fix" the DVB "blockiness" in shadows etc. that
  the low bitrate our local compnies provides us with.
- I had to download and install  the dri package to get GL
  working for Mythmusic
- The CPU usage for LiveTV went from about 40% to 80%.
  This puzzles me as I thought that XV working would bring
  that usage down, not up???

Comments/suggestions on setup welcome as usual.

Dag