[mythtv-users] playslist for recorded tv?

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 16 00:35:31 UTC 2006

in the "watch recordings" menu, it's possible to select a recorded
program, push the right button, and then select "add to playlist".
does anyone know
a) what this playlist is?  -- I've never seen it actually activated.
b) whether there's some way to manipulate the playlist more directly
(e.g. change the order in which shows are viewed, etc....
c) escape into the playlist while viewing, etc...

The playlist would be very useful for me as my kids watch shows that
are 12-19 minutes long -- I'dl ike to set them up with an hour of TV
in such a way that I don't have to run upstairs to the TV every 10
minutes.  However, I haven't been able to use the playlist in a useful
way at all.  And while the docs talk about playlists for mythmusic,
I don't see any such discussion for straight mythtv.

failing a builtin playlist generator, anyone have any ideas for
command-line playlist generation?

thanks,

matt

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094