[mythtv-users] Mythweb shuts down my machine

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Mon Jan 16 04:35:41 UTC 2006

> Except that if I started a standard front end I would not expect it to
> kick the backend scripts until I closed the front end down.
> Whats different with Mythweb, that makes the backend think that its gone
> away even when its up?

There's no persistent connection.  Each time you connect to a mythweb
page, it connects to the backend, does what it needs to and then
disconnects.  There'd have to be an apache plugin or something compiled
  to hold onto a persistent connection for it to work any other way, and
that'd be overkill for this application (not to mention make things more
complex than they need to be for users to install).

-Chris