[mythtv-users] Replacing MythTV remote... anyone have any experience with RS 15-2136 (or 15-2137?)

Robert Tsai rtsai1111 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 16 23:07:12 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 03:50:48PM -0500, obscure information. wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> What JP1 software are you using?

Some stuff called RemoteMaster and "IR", which I got from
hifi-remote.com and/or the JP1 Yahoo! Groups.

> I'm a little leery of going that route, only because I know that the
> 15-2133 requires physical modification in order to use JP1
> programming, and I really don't want to run the risk of screwing up
> on the soldering, as it's been about 10 years since I last used a
> soldering iron.

The 15-2116 does not require any physical modification; there is a JP1
port right under the battery cover. Didn't even need a screwdriver.

> Where could I find more information about JP1 programming?  I've
> been to hifi-remote, but I couldn't find information regarding
> either the 2136 or 2137 there.

If they are extremely new models, it's possible that no one there has
played with one. You could always ask them.

--Rob