[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Debian - is it dead?

Mark Hetherington redcane at dodo.com.au
Tue Jan 17 10:47:06 UTC 2006

I recently gave up on it and just got the svn. Once you have the dev packages
it needs installed its a snap to compile. But it seems that
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sid main
is valid, at least it lists packages for me in synaptic, apparently newer than
the csh.dijkstra.edu packages as well. I presume that you would be able to
apt-get the packages from there.

Otherwise, I do recommend a source compile. Some of the updates might be
worthwhile for you. I only had to modify some things on my debian system to
point to /usr/local so it would run.