[mythtv-users] WAS Replacing MythTV remote... / Now Using URC-9960

obscure information. obscure411 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:07:25 UTC 2006

I can't believe I didn't look this up before, but I already have a One For
All Kameleon URC-9960 remote, and apparently this one is not only
JP1-programmable, but it appears that it may have been used successfully
with myth before.  Checking in gossamer-threads indicates a few people have
tried this and gotten it to work at least partially.  One user indicated
that there was a PVR code, 1992, that he downloaded from UEC via phone that
was totally myth-compatible without the issues associated with some other
VCR-based codes (i.e. seek buttons not being on main display, etc).

Is anyone here using this successfully?  Did you have to change your lircrc
and lircd.conf files?

Thanks,

~Drew