[mythtv-users] PVR 250

Mike Richardson doctor at mcc.ac.uk
Tue Jan 17 19:47:35 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 08:50:15AM +0000, Mike Richardson wrote:
> Currently I have the channel table populated with 32 channels as generated
> from a scan of the DVB card. Is there a way to get mythtv to update this
> table with the freqids for the PVR-250 card or should I just update the
> table manually with the correct channel numbers?
>
> I'm keen to try to do as much as possible 'by the book', despite having
> spent a fair amount of time hacking around with the database out of
> curiosity.

I backed up the DB and decided to have a go manually and it worked. I put
the channel number in the freqid fields for the corresponding entries in the
channel table and now the PVR card switches channels properly. Yay!

Now for a followup. The PVR 250 can only record analogue terrestrial
channels. The DVB card can record a lot more. If I use the same source for
both DVB and PVR the scheduler tries to handle clashes by asking the PVR250
to record from channels it can't possibly do. I'd assumed that MythTV would
check to see if there was an entry in the freqid field before trying to make
a card use that source.

Unless there is a way to tell MythTV to limit a card to a subset of channels
then it would seem that I have to use a different mythtv source for the
PVR250 but collecting data from the same data source (Radio times) for a
subset of the channels. I've done this and it appears to work but is this
the best way? (Ignore the other discussion about the DVB card's EPG for
now.)

Thanks

Mike

--
Mike Richardson
Networks
Email: doctor at mcc.ac.uk
*Plain text only please - attachments stripped on arrival*