[mythtv-users] Advice on adding second capture card

Chris Hembrow chris.hembrow at pixelseventy2.net
Wed Jan 18 09:01:43 UTC 2006

I set my nova-t as the first input, that way I don't tie up my sky box
by recording a freeview channel, unless i'm recording 2 channels.
There is nothing more annoying than getting halfway through a
recording, only to find that the missus has changed sky channel, or
left it on the sky guide for 20 minutes! (and that is despite having
an LCD on the box which shows if/what it's recording)

The only problem I had was with scanning the channels, cuz I have a
cr4p aerial. I had to manually enter the frequencies in mythtvsetup
and do a search then. But this shouldn't be a problem with a decent
aerial.