[mythtv-users] LiveTV related ideas/comments

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 18 19:09:39 UTC 2006

On 01/16/06 23:23, Joe Votour wrote:

>--- pete <grooveloop7 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>  Hopefully this is the right place to post this
>>comment/question - if not,
>>please let me know.
>>  I just grabbed the latest svn after hanging out
>>with 7738, the last one prior
>>to livetv/ringbuffer changes.  In the time between
>>them, mythtv has seen a lot
>>of improvements, and it seems pretty stable.  That
>>is to say, I have yet to
>>crash it or find any bugs.    Overall I am highly
>>impressed with the
>>development work that's been done in the past few
>>months.  I really like the
>>way LiveTV now works.  The Watch Recordings menu
>>seems a little clunky with
>>respect to this new LiveTV, however.  What do you
>>guys think of having a LiveTV
>>program group?
>>  Here's how I picture it would work:  By default,
>>all LiveTV recordings would
>>go into a LiveTV( or user configurable ) program
>>group, to keep them together.
>>You could choose to display that group or not, and
>>you could still choose to
>>dump them into the "All Programs" filter if you
>>want.  As it stands you can
>>dump them into All Programs or not, and if not they
>>don't show up anywhere,
>>that I can tell  - please correct me if I am missing
>>something.  I think it
>>would be handy to be able to have them show up under
>>one place like a LiveTV
>>group, so that you have an option to see them all
>>together without having them
>>interspersed in All Programs or scattered around
>>elsewhere.
>>  Does anyone think this is a worthwhile
>>enhancement?  Is it possible already
>>via some other method that I missed?
>>

>If you would check out the latest SVN (and read the
>-dev and -commits list like those running SVN should
>do), then you'd notice that LiveTV (and the groupings)
>work as you have described.  There is now a "LiveTV"
>group,

And it's been there since [7854].

> I don't know if it is user-configurable or not.

Nope.  Always called LiveTV.

And, the LiveTV changes were even pointed out in an e-mail on /this/
list just 3 days ago.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/174316#174316

Of course, it was the one on-topic post in the entire thread buried by a
stupid flame war (something like 23 off-topic posts), so I can see why
you might have missed it...

Mike