[mythtv-users] Looking for high WAF in-wall speakers!!

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Wed Jan 18 20:41:25 UTC 2006

I was surprised to see all the anti-Bose venom here. My Bose system
(with the cube speakers) works pretty well for us, that's all I know.
The cube speakers are also very easy to mount and position pretty much
anywhere you need them.

I'm not an audiophile, but I am sound-sensitive and was one of the first
to adopt CR02 cassette tapes (I'm giving away my age here) because I
couldn't stand the hiss on the older-style tapes, and I had to learn to
use "audacity" in order to make listenable OGG files out of some of
those old tapes, so I'm not totally deaf to audio issues.

Also, Consumer Reports rated the Bose system very highly in their tests
of surround sound systems. They do unbiased tests with sound frequency
meters and trained experts as well as ordinary users to evaluate the
sound. I'm not going to try and argue audio science with people who most
likely know a lot more about it than I do. I only know I like my Bose
cube speaker surround sound system.

--Greg