[mythtv-users] Conventional Wisdom Watch

John Biundo johnbiundo at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 18 22:50:14 UTC 2006

Yeechang Lee wrote:
> LVM2		    ^	  Flexibility makes extending or modifying
> 			  partitions easy. But be prepared for the
> 			  performance hit.

Interesting post.  How might the LVM2 performance hit manifest itself?
Could it be the source of some strangeness I'm seeing with pre-buffering
pauses?

Also related to your filesystem comments: might jfs NOT be a great
choice for the ringbuffer?  I've got it on its own jfs partition now.
10GB.  Should I consider switching that to reiserfs or xfs?