[mythtv-users] Silverstone Lascala 17 Case

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 02:14:43 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 18 January 2006 19:43, Meatwad wrote:
> peter at judge.co.za wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm thinking of replacing my current FE with an HD-capable FE, and was
> > thinking of putting it all in Silverstone Lascala 17 case:
> > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811163055 .
> >
> > Is anyone using one of these? And failing that, any other comments on
> > good, reasonably-priced cases?
>
> I really, really wanted to get that but decided to wait until
> mouse/touchscreen control lands into Myth. That sure seems like some
> overkill on the ventilation, though. 2x80 rear, 80 on the side, optional
> 2x80 or 92, AND the power supply fan?

I know on my 16 the power supply is designed to sit such that its fans never
blow air into the case, just straight out the side. For the 16 the 2x80/92's
in the front are so each can cool up to the 3 drives that can be mounted on
each side, the rear and side 80's are for general case cooling. the nice
thing is you can get low speed/noise fans so they're quiet and still push a
good amount of air through the case to keep it cool, cause running 7
harddrives an Athlon64 3200+, and a bunch of PVR/ATSC tuners can get warm....