[mythtv-users] Advice on adding second capture card

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 02:45:07 UTC 2006

On 18/01/06, Paul Barker <myth at sixtimesnine.net> wrote:

> With regard to Myth choosing the second tuner, I had assumed that it
> would use the first input (my 250) unless there was a conflict and then
> try to resolve it using the new input (Nova-T) is this the case ?

You can change the priority of inputs/channels after you have
installed the system, however card installation order will determine
priority if you don't change anything.

As Chris has written, I'd always recommend using the DVB card as much
as possible as the chance of 'accidents' with a Sky/ntl box feed is
high (I've had the guide present/channel flipping in recordings too!)

Nick