[mythtv-users] AC3 and/or S/PDIF (again)

William Lewis minutemaidpark at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 03:33:55 UTC 2006

This is a new one for me...

I am running subversion from yesterday, and I cannot for the life of me get
S/PDIF to send a 5.1 signal to my receiver.  Xine works fine.  Mplayer works
fine with Myth recordings.  But Myth does strange things.  When I start a
program, it may stutter then go out for ten seconds then start back up for a
couple of seconds.  If I turn off AC3 pass through, then everything works
fine, but it's only two channel sound.  Any help would be most appreciated,
because this is driving me insane.

Thanks in advance, and I'd be more than happy to provide more information if
it will help.
Will Lewis