[mythtv-users] Watch Recordings, display fewer shows?

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:59:22 UTC 2006

On 19/01/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I love my current setup, but occasionally I feel that the Watch
> Recordings screen (the lower portion) feels bunched up.  If I could
> display fewer shows (meaning I'd have to scroll more) I think I might
> be able to get a feel to see if that would work better for me, and
> give the screen more room.
>
> One very quick example that was recently shown:
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justin.hornsby2/pg-wide/screenshots/06.png
>
> If my description is that long, it just gets cut off with ... at the end.
>
> Any idea where I can make the change?  I have seen screenshots that
> show a different amount of shows displayed than my own, so I'm pretty
> sure it has been an option.  I think I'm just overlooking where this
> option is stored (but I've really looked hard and just got done with a
> search on the lists to see if it was easily found).  I've tried
> hitting "m" when in the Watch Recordings screen, but it doesn't seem
> like any of those options apply.
>
> Thanks for any ideas!
>
> Chad

That's no ten minute job I'm afraid.  I think it's better to use more
screen for the selector box rather than show descriptions.  Yes, if
you're using a grabber whose source is a Pulitzer prize winning essay
writer, stuff will get chopped off.  I'd much rather have a longer
list than a half-screen show description.

As for there being an option to select this - there isn't one.

btw this is how the above screenshot will look in the next release of my theme:

http://www.juski.co.uk/watchrecorded.png

Justin.