[mythtv-users] Some real-life HDTV bandwidth/reliability observations

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 16:53:44 UTC 2006

I have two tuners, HD3000 and FusionLite5 and went thru similar issues
in sept/oct. The solution which worked for me was to increase
TFW_DEF_BUF_SIZE value to 32MB. There were other suggestions such as
using a different elevator program or file system. Once I changed the
variable to 32mb, all the IOBounds were history ! I still dont do any
commflagging or file deletion while recoding HDTV programs. Deleting
files on xfs is a breeze though compared to ext3. Search users/dev
list for the variable.