[mythtv-users] How to boost niceness of both front and backends?

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Fri Jan 20 08:48:39 UTC 2006

> My myth machine also serves are my mail filter and I have noticed that
> when
> fetchmail receives mail it causes livetv to pause briefly. Is there a way
> boost the niceness of both the front and backends? Or to make
> fetchmail/spamassassin/clamav behave better on disk i/o? I am running FC2
> with a pair of drives in lvm mode formatted with xfs.

Do you know if it is the recording or the playing that pauses ? You might
try doing it on a recording instead of livetv...
Which kind of tuner do you have ? Does it have onboard encoding ? If not,
you might try with onboard encoding instead.

Niels Dybdahl