[mythtv-users] HD3000 DVB Recordings - Freezes on Playback

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Fri Jan 20 16:49:11 UTC 2006

On 1/20/2006 8:27 AM Steve Adeff wrote:

>On Friday 20 January 2006 11:14, Michael Haan wrote:

>>>You guys should seriously consider upgrading to SVN, Lots of fixes for
>>>HD, I've had my HD3000, and DCT6200 and a PVR150 all connected and
>>>running fine,
>>>HD works great, etc.

I've been considering this but am not confident I can fix what breaks.
Every time I touch this box something gets screwed up.  :)  However, I
was strongly considering it until I heard about 0.19 being released.
Hopefully the official Gentoo portage tree will be updated to include
the new version shortly thereafter

>>So, how would that work if my original instal was from Jarod's guide?
>>

>Download and compile SVN, it will configure to put it in /usr/local which
>should keep it seperate from 18.x installs.
>
>backup your database and install the SVN copy. Then you'll probably want to
>run mythtv-setup (from the SVN installed location) to make sure things jive.
>Run mythbackend and mythfrontend from SVN instead of 18.1.

Would there be any reason to keep 0.18 around other than to back out the
change?  I read somewhere (probably on this list) that upgrading changes
the database (which I'm sure is why you said to back it up) and once
that happens, you can't go back.  IIRC, someone told me to remove 0.18
before installing SVN but maybe that was a Gentoo specific ebuild thing?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Visit The Alchemist's Warehouse