[mythtv-users] DVB-T Transcode

Tim Milstead tim_milstead at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 20:32:43 UTC 2006

It's not clear to me how to set up transcoding for DVB-T cards.
I have an Avermedia 771 card and I am using Ubuntu 5.10. They both work
well.
In recording profiles there already exists a hardware dvb encoders entry
and I also have the option to create a DVB entry.
What is the difference? I thought all DVB cards just took the MPEG2
stream and wrote it to disk. Where is the need for the hardware distinction?
Which profile should I be using if I want to transcode to MPEG4?
I have done some fiddling around and I managed to some how get a DivX
file (I might have accidentally done this with nuvexport) - is this the
MPEG4? It had some artifact and sound glitches in it - is there
something I need to do to avoid these?

Thanks in advance,

Timie Milie.