[mythtv-users] MythTV.org Wiki

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Fri Jan 20 23:12:24 UTC 2006

On Friday 20 January 2006 18:25, Jeff Simpson wrote:
> I think he meant like an
> everyone-makes-a-page-to-describe-their-own-mythbox. Is that
> an acceptable use? I think it would be neat to see, especially if some of
> the more
> creative boxes included photos and writeups, along with part lists, but
> mythtv.org might
> not be the place for it (unless somebody gives the OK, and I'm all for it)
I think it can be the place if there is a page that can group the pages and
create an overview of the pages.  Like a MyMythBox with sub pages like
MyMtyhBE and MyMythFE and so on.
In the perfect world, each page has a list of fixed parameters so you describe
the setup. Like the type of case, mobo, cpu, memory, tuner, remote ...
So the user can query: "give me all the sileverstone cases", or "give me an
overview of remotes".

In choosing my frontend I was very interested in the setup of others and why
they choose something.  Grouping such information is very handy, even if it
only contains links to external pages.

Stef