No subject

Fri Jan 20 20:58:57 UTC 2006

best.  I'd like to hear more confirmation on that before I go drop
$40 on one, though. <br>
me">Frank Lynch</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:frank.lynch at gmail.com">frank.lync=
h at gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D=
"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padd=
ing-left: 1ex;">
Hi Folks,<br>I' running myth on an AMD Athalon 3000 XP with an nvidia GeFor=
ce MX<br>4000 card (which only has 64MB of RAM). I can playback most HD str=
eams<br>with simple xv accelaration enabled (without XvMC), but 1080i strea=
ms
 it stutters<br>like crazy. My system also uses way more cpu cycles when Xv=
MC is<br>enabled.&nbsp;&nbsp;I believe that I have the correct nvidia drive=
rs installed
>is black &amp; white (as it should be) when XvMC is enabled. I've tried<br=
>playing with HD ringbuffer sizes, but that didn't make any significant
 up to the job, so<br>I'm thinking about getting a new graphics card. I'm l=
ooking to get a<br>graphics card that will allow me to playback 1080i strea=
ms with my
eed a card with decent XvMC support.<br><br>So if cost isn't really a facto=
r, what would be the ultimate graphics<br>card for HD playback with myth?