[mythtv-users] New Install - Hang on entering live tv

Bob mythtv at junga.com
Sun Jan 22 21:48:03 UTC 2006

Well, it is working now. When I rebuilt the machine with the new hard drive,
the only thing I did different (that I know of) was I got the nvidia drives
from nvidia.com instead of yum'ing them from atrpms. This gave me slightly
newer drivers (8178) as opposed to, I think, 8150. But 8178 are is the
driver that Brian had to comment out the glx and dri which I did not have to
do. So its not a complete explanation. May 8178+glx works on the 6200 but
not on the 5700 that Brian has and both cards fail with the earlier drivers?

For people searching for answers with similar problems... Here is what is
working now...

FC4 x86_64
GeForce 6200 video card
mythtv-0.18.1-117.rhfc4.at
No manual changes to xorg.conf (used nvidia-xconfig)
NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-8178-pkg2.run video driver (from nvidia's site)

xorg.conf module section...
Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"