[mythtv-users] Nvidia-FX5200 TVOut Xorg Configs

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Mon Jan 23 07:50:38 UTC 2006

Hi All,

	Just bought a Forsa Nvidia fx5200 Graphics card. It comes with an
SVideo Output and a Svideo to Composite cable.

I tried it out (the whole day yesterday) and was not able to get a clean
and "teriffic" looking TV-Out.

I've read multiple email posts on mythtv and searched google as well but
I've not been able to get a clean signal on the TVout. I keep getting
"snow" on the screen. Also, in most cases, when the screen is all black
(Blank), I will see what looks like scanlines running across the screen.
(diagnonally).

Also, the resolution isn't sharp, the fonts looks Blur too. (In console
mode, I can barely read the output. It looks like it's been
'strikethrough')

I read about modelines but I'm guess I still don't understand it. (and
the notion that it can fry my hardware is making me nervous)

Can anyone help? Post your Xorg.conf file?

BTW, I'm using a SVIDEO to COMPOSITE cable. Will this degrade quality?
My TV don't have an SVIDEO Input.

Thanks

--
Ow Mun Heng