[mythtv-users] Nvidia-FX5200 TVOut Xorg Configs

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Mon Jan 23 08:34:06 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 00:13 -0800, johnny at fishcounts.com wrote:
>  Not quite sure what you are saying when you say you get snow and diagonal
> lines, etc.

It's like little dots on the screen. (sort of like when you tune in to
the weather channel and it's shows snowing/raining, those animated
pictures)

The diagonal lines looks like scanning lines. It moves from left to
right.

> If you do how can you see anything?
It's not really all that bad. But quality just isn't good. :-(

> Resolution isn't sharp? I hope you're not trying to compare a standard TV to
> even the cheapest PC monitor because you can't compare.

I've played with a Mini-ITX MII before with it's TVOut and it's a lot
clearer than what I'm seeing now.

> You can however try
> the nvidia-settings app which will let you adjust some settings for text to
> look clearer but video doesn't look as good. Your choice.

I want video to be Clear. That's It. I don't need console text. (SSH)

> I run 800x600. What more would you need on your plain TV?

Do they run 1024x768? Actually, 800x600 is plenty fine for me as long as
it's clear.

> They are talking
> mode lines and etc for HDTV's and beyond. Plain old TV's you are probably
> even ok with 640x480.

Ah.. I see. I have a POTV (Plain Old TV)

--
Ow Mun Heng
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!