[mythtv-users] Mounting DVDs via NFS problem

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Mon Jan 23 11:42:06 UTC 2006

Dag,

> What kernel version are you using?
> I have seen this happening a lot in earlier Linux:es.
> The solution then was usually to re-export (exportfs -r) the filesystems AFTER
> the local mount of the cdrom/DVD. In my current 2.6.14 it seems to
> work without any problems though.
>
> I am using this to update laptops from a common Mandriva DVD.
>
> Dag

2.6.14 - compiled myself - necessary for DVB stuff.

mythtv:/media# uname -a
Linux mythtv 2.6.14.4-pk-20051228 #1 PREEMPT Wed Dec 28 02:23:50 GMT
2005 i686 GNU/Linux
mythtv:/media# mount /cdrom
mythtv:/media# exportfs -r
mythtv:/media#

No difference :/

(FYI, have updated the /etc/fstab file with the uid and gid so it
happens automatically)

Thanks very much for your help again

Regards - Piers