[mythtv-users] Cost of MythTV Machines

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 23 18:27:32 UTC 2006

On 01/23/2006 12:25 PM, Ross Campbell wrote:
> My MythTV box is now at around 600gb and that seems like just about
> enough storage for me for now with non-HD recordings, but I can see a
> day in the not too distant future where the bulk of my mythtv expense
> will be STORAGE, and not computer parts.

I agree completely.  I'm moving from an SDTV Myth box with 360GB storage
(and I've been using extremely low-bitrate recording parameters to give
me not good quality at 1.15GiB/hr) to an HDTV Myth box.  I wouldn't have
even considered switching to HDTV without 1TB minimum storage--and I'm
counting that as a starting point.

Mike