[mythtv-users] whats the best graphics card for HD playback?

Neil neil-on-mythtv at restricted.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 23 20:41:44 UTC 2006

>On 01/23/2006 02:57 PM, Neil wrote:
>> how do you guys know that your Xwindows is set at 1080p?
>>
>From the X log:
>
>(II) NVIDIA(0): Virtual screen size determined to be 1920 x 1080
>(II) NVIDIA(0): Setting mode "1920x1080"

Nope, that only says your resolution. It doesn't say if it's interlaced or
progressive. When you see like 480i, 480p 720p, 1080i or 1080p, it's
actually says how a movie or a video was encoded. It's a format. So how do
you know that your video card is set to progressive. Or I read somewhere
that video cards have always been progressive. Anyone?

I'm also running mine at 1920x1080 via 6600GT and you guys are right, it's
awesome!