[mythtv-users] How much storage do you have for MythTV?

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 20:56:20 UTC 2006

> Jake <jakeisawake at gmail.com> says:
> > > I'm already there! That ~$1100 figure I mentioned earlier for my
> > > HD-capable MythTV box didn't include the $2100 I paid for an
> > > Infrant ReadyNAS 600 with 2TB in RAID 0 that I'm solely dedicating
> > > to MythTV.
> >
> > geeez, $2100 for only 2TB seems rediculous but i guess you get a
> > small form factor and lower power consumption out of a NAS (i
> > assume).

Here's a pretty nice SFF all-in one RAID box:
http://www.buffalotech.com/products/product-detail.php?productid=100&categoryid=19

If Fry's had that one in stock, I probably would have bought it.

Fry's _is_ currently selling the Buffalo Terastation 1.0 that can do
750gb RAID 5 for just over $600.

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/4350515?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Wish they had the same product with 4 additional empty drive bays,
though. Does anyone know of a product like this with more drive bays
at a similar cost point? (yes, I know I could buy a giant ugly case
and build my own... ;)

-Ross