[mythtv-users] OSX client editing problems...

Tom E. Craddock Jr. sigtom at sigtom.com
Mon Jan 23 21:38:50 UTC 2006

John Sutherland wrote:
> Hi there..
>
> I have a linux backend, 0.18.1, and an OSX frontend..
>
> I've tried 3 verisons of the 0.18.1 OSX client binaries, and all 3
> have the same behavour.. (the versions I tried at the one from
> goof.com, and the ones from thesniperpad.com..)
>
> Watching TV works..
> Watching recording works, including fast forward, rewind, time
> stretch, zoom, etc..
>
> But the moment I hit 'E' to enter edit mode, it freezes.. All I see
> in the client is the frozen frame.. No keys work.. I have to forcibly
> kill the client..
>
> Backend seems fine, no restarting necessary..
>
> I do have a linux frontend that seems able to edit without issue..
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --John

In about a week-ish or so, once .19 is released, use the .19 binaries.
Its been fixed in SVN at some point, cant tell ya the revision # tho.  I
had the same problems (on .18.1) and once I started running/compiling
SVN regularly along with the nightly OSX binary builds that are posted
on thesniderpad.com's dloads section (which I really do appreciate) I
found that hitting 'E' works fine.

Tom